Cooking demonstrations, hands-on learning, talks, and stories about the past, present, and future of regional food cultures in America highlight the Food History Festival, Nov. 3 at the National Museum of American History (americanhistory.si.edu). ... Before the age of “selfies,” artists painted self-portraits. Opening Nov. 4 at the National Portrait Gallery is the exhibition “Eye to I: Self-Portraits from 1900 to Today,” showcasing how 75 well-known artists viewed themselves (ngi.si.edu). … Rotating exhibitors offer high-quality crafts and gifts at the Downtown Holiday Market, Nov. 23–Dec. 23 at F and Eighth streets (downtownholidaymarket.com). — gwen woolf
What visitors are reading:
- Exploring Elk and Cameron Counties
- Enter to Win: An Atlantic City Getaway for four
- Catch fall foliage early in the Allegheny National Forest
- Luray provides a multipurpose getaway destination
- Enjoy fall events at Split Rock Resort in the Poconos
- Mid-Atlantic caverns offer fall events and tours
- Celebrate Halloween in Delaware County, Pa.
- Ready for a scare? Look no further than Scary Harry's
- Raising a toast to Bavarian Brothers
- Charlottesville offers three arts events to complement fall color
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Since 1999, Washington Walks guides have been leading visitors and locals alike along the streets of America’s capital city, revealing the stories and sites that abound on the National Mall and beyond. Our walking tours require no reservations, take place rain or shine, and are reasonably pr…