So much thought goes into big events, covering the big questions of who, what, when, where how and why. We can help on the where part!
Planning a wedding, reunion or other gathering? Check out Pocahontas County — also known as Nature’s Mountain Playground. It’s a not too far away from the concrete jungle of the city and the sprawl of suburbia, but literally a world away as congestion gives way to nature’s beauty in the Allegheny Mountains. Enjoy inspiring views of mountains, forests, rivers and sunsets; items not typically available near home. How much more would you pay for this? Well, the answer is you actually pay less than you would locally. It’s so worth it!
Here are some of the top wedding and family reunion venues in Pocahontas County:
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort is best known to many as a ski resort. This four season resort is full of amenities. Check out their Soaring Eagle Lodge and Mountain Lodge — both excellent for weddings or reunions. Check out SnowshoeMTN.com or call 877-441-4386.
- The Elk River Inn offers an amazing, quaint wedding venue in Slatyfork, WV (just 10 miles from Snowshoe Mountain Resort). Visit ElkRiverWV.com or call 304-572-3771.
- The Cass Scenic Railroad State Park has excellent weddings and family reunion opportunities with a wide variety of lodging including a village of company houses from the railroad days, and, of course, the railroad too. Visit WVStateParks.com/park/cass-scenic-railroad-state-park or call 304-456-4300.
- The Green Bank Observatory is literally an out of this world wedding location, great for family gatherings. This location frees you from radio signals and is about as far off the beaten path as you can get. Visit GreenbankObservatory.org for more information
- The Inn at Mountain Quest is a beautiful wedding location in Frost, W.Va. The stately white farmhouse that opens to the Inn at Mountain Quest has been welcoming guests since 1892. Visit MountainQuestInn.com or call 304-799-7267.
- Camp Twin Creeks accommodates groups with all-inclusive packages for weddings and family reunions with stunning views and dining options. They are located in the southeast corner of West Virginia. Visit CampTwinCreeks.com or call 800-451-8806.
- Allegheny Lodge is a historic resort and hunting lodge from 1913. Many like this wedding venues plantation style house with twin stairways and columned veranda in Minnehaha Springs, W.Va. Call 304-799-7172.
- Watoga State Park has 10,100 acres of land (largest state park in West Virginia) and is chock full of recreation activities plus a multi-purpose building, museum and observation tower. It’s great for family reunions and weddings Visit WVStateParks.com/park/watoga-state-park or call 1-833-WV-Parks.
- Pearl S. Buck Birthplace is a historic site that offers a spectacular venue for weddings, receptions, and family reunions. This summertime venue in Hillsboro, W.Va., has views of the Monongahela National Forest, open green lawns, and late 19th century buildings. Visit PearlSBuckBirthplace.com or call 304-653-4430.
- Yew Mountain Center is a beautiful woodland wedding venue. The on-site lodge for guests also works well for family reunions. located just a little over 10 miles from Droop Mountain State Park, Hillsboro, W.Va. Visit YewMountain.org or call 304-653-4079.
Plan your wedding or reunion now. For more information on Pocahontas County, call their tourism office at 800-336-7009 or visit them online at Pocahontas.org.